Devices for measuring field strength and other products for the accurate measurement of magnetism
Maurer Magnetic AG makes specialized equipment for the precise and reproducible measurement of magnetism in components and magnetic material. As yet no standards are established for the measuring of residual magnetism; for this reason, measuring results obtained with different field strength measuring devices (teslameter, gaussmeter) often diverge considerably. However in order to measure limit values (Gauss, mT or A/cm) a precise measuring device is necessary. The M-Test LL was specially developed for this purpose and fulfills the highest requirements.
When performing measurements with low limit values the influence of induced fields (the earth’s magnetic field) can no longer be discounted. In order to obtain reproducible results independently of the location, components have to be measured inside a magnetically protected environment (zero gauss chamber). This is why prestigious companies in automotive, metal processing and semiconductors put their trust in the technology of Maurer Degaussing®.
Device for measuring residual magnetism in ferromagnetic components
The need to detect and precisely measure residual magnetism in ferromagnetic components, however small its area, requires special measuring technology. With our fundamental new development M-Test LL, we have implemented these high standards in a product which is future-oriented and extendable.
- Fast locating of even the smallest sites of residual magnetism, thanks to LED display
- Automatic recording of maximum values, north and south pole
- Color touchscreen with reset for maximum values
- Measurement of very small magnetic fields thanks to a limited and defined distance between sensor and surface
- Digital zero setting
- Temperature-compensated sensor, no drift
Shielding chamber for measurements in conditions virtually free from the influence of the earth’s magnetic field.
Exclusion of the environmental magnetic field due to the chamber’s high shielding factor enables accurate measurements in all directions. This is especially relevant for elongated components and for materials with a high initial magnetic permeability. Our zero gauss chamber reduces scattering when measuring residual magnetism in ferromagnetic parts with teslameters.
- Measured values independent of direction and location
- Defined shielding factor for effective measuring capability
- Increased working space, defined measurement area
- Good accessibility in the measurement chamber
- Robust construction, suitable for industrial use
Highly-sensitive magnetic field sensor for weak magnetic fields. For detecting and locating magnetic sources in parts manufacture, metrology, quality and health and safety.
- Detecting and locating magnetism in parts production
- Remote data recording of magnetized parts
- Monitoring magnetization procedures for duration, strength and results
- Automation and measurement technology
- Measurement of magnetic interference and stray fields
- Identification of interference sources in the low frequency range
- Process monitoring of demagnetizing procedures
- Monitoring of mechanical positions and movements
- Quality and safety
- Contact-free data recording of parts with remanent magnetism
- Automatic monitoring of interspersed magnetic stray fields
- Passive, non-detectable data recording of vehicles and ferromagnetic material
With the M-Test MK4 precise, static or dynamic magnetic fields can be identified and measured. The tangential sensor which is only ~1 mm thick enables precise punctual measurements to be made at surfaces and in places that are difficult to access. The M-Test MK4 is especially suitable for measuring permanent magnets and ferromagnetic small parts.
Magnetism is directly shown by the LED, which lights up when the sensor is moved over the surface of the part. The function “Peak Hold” is controlled by the button on the body and enables places with the highest field strength to be easily found and recorded for each polarity.
- Measuring range -2 tesla to +2 tesla
- Sensor only 1 mm high
- Automatic alternating field detection and measurement switch to True-RMS
Detects very weak magnetic fields, as found in residual magnetism. The Magnetic Field Viewer is the fast, clear-cut way to make the finest magnetic patterns visible. With the Viewer even very weak magnetic fields on components, recording signals of magnetic tapes, discs or magnetic cards can be detected. Tools, recording heads and guidance systems can be tested to determine whether they are sufficiently magnetized. The Viewer also makes the patterns of magnets visible.
- Visualization of magnetism on the surface
- Dimensions 45 x 45 x 5 mm
- Optical resolution dpi 200